Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Introducing the Algae Powered Robot!!!!!!

The next meeting, my group started from scratch and redid our goals and just started throwing out ideas without turning any down. The first decision that was made (with me being VERY reluctant to the idea, but I had no real argument to fight it so whatever) was that our group wanted to use solar energy in a more natural way and not using solar cells to convert it into electricity. What this meant was, we wanted to use algae in our project.... it sounds very bold I know and that's why I was very skeptically at first. Especially because we were talking about using it as a biofuel source for our project idea, which was through a crazy chain of events, a robot. I have pictures of our board when we were brainstorming below
The last image was a concept drawing of how we could do this/build this robot. The next one below is a concept drawing of how we could have taken an hydrogen fuel engine from a toy car engine that already had this technology built into it. We were hoping we could adapt it into our robot to make it hydrogen fueled from the algae.

The next two pictures are concept drawings that were done by my team members.

I loved the concept and everything, but of course (this is VERY understandable) the idea got shot down... shocking! :) Then of course, sense all of the groups projects were not what they were looking for, the professors sent out and email re-establishing what the project was and what they were looking for. So once again our group was back to square one.

No comments:

Post a Comment