Friday, December 18, 2009

The Experience!!!!

I honestly had a blast doing this project. Though, I will admit, I have never been so stressed out and frustrated in my entire life! But I loved all of my group members and we worked together pretty well. We did have some issues though, especially with communication. I was sick twice and I would send out and email asking the group to fill me in on what I missed and etc. Well, eventually one of them would get back to me, and even then stuff still was left out and the entire group never seemed to be on the same page with the little details. However, throughout everything, everyone got what they needed to done and they did a great job at it! And even though it was a very long two last days, I had fun building the project, looking back on it. I became close to some of my group members and it was also to see our be built and to actually do it myself, it was an amazing feeling when it was done! I don't think I have ever felt that accomplished in any of my other classes as I have finishing this project. I also learned great skills when it comes to interacting with different majors and I learned that I need to think of ways to word things to make sure everyone can follow me. Team management was also a great skill that I can walk away from this project with. I was the one that always sent out the team emails, coordinated meeting times, kept the budget, and worked on the papers (though that was more mandatory on my side!). It was a great experience and I hope the next class will have an even better time with it. Though I would suggest that the class has grades for prototyping or some way to make sure that they actually build things right away. This is because our group, though we had a ton of great ideas, we were a lot of talk and computer prototyping and not a lot of building and testing action was done. Not that computer prototyping is bad, but I especially learned that building is designing a concept and adjusting the project. It was very hard to prototype because of the fact that the project was CONSTANTLY changing but we really needed to build things sooner than we did. The other thing I wish we all had done was document the entire process more thoroughly using pictures. That was the one thing my group was not the greatest at, and I think it harmed our final paper and presentation. But, I know that we all worked very hard on our project and I am very proud of my teammates!

No comments:

Post a Comment